Now Hiring a Barista Mouse

building miniature cabinetI finally got to sit down and start building all those pieces of furniture for the café.  Most of it went pretty easy.  But the display case in the front of the café that holds all the pastries was such a pain.  All those little shelves and nothing quite fit together right… then you realize you glued everything on backward and then a cabinet nob is super-glued to your hand…. it was a little nightmare.

A room with a red chairI had to rip some stuff a few times, so I think I’m going to end up painting some of the furniture to hide my mistakes.   And I got a nice big gluey fingerprint on the front of the glass cabinet (notice now I strategically left that out of the picture).   So I’ll have to come up with a way to hide that…. maybe a nice sticker or sale sign or something.

Now my friends have decided I need a little mouse barista.   I started searching taxidermy on Etsy and a few other sites… cute stuff but not really matching what I want.   Google image search provided some nice hits but nothing that was for sale…  just images and art pieces people made.   According to Etsy, the going rate for a stuffed mouse is about $80+ … I’m not sure I need a barista mouse that much.  At least not for my first model.  But, I should figure out something cute to stick in there.

Arsenic Mouse
Mouse by Amanda’s Autopsies

Glue and Sort

Last night, I had a short bit to sit down and keep working on my miniature café.  I can’t wait for retirement when I can do whatever I want all day and not just try to squeeze in a little time here and there.

Anyways… I was going through all the pieces again when I stumbled upon a piece of gold foil wrapped up in a packet of wires.

There IS fabric after all!   And the first thing that came into my mind was “OMG… I lied to the internet.”   Normally I would wait until there was more done to post about, but I had to correct this situation.  After all, you can believe anything you read on the internet and I will not be responsible for ruining that.

So yes, packed away with some wires was a small packet of scraps that will be used for table cloths and seat covers.   Honestly, they kind of suck and look dirty, so I’ll likely replace them if they don’t clean up well.

I got my walls glued together and set aside to dry.

I got some of the signs (menu board and outside company sign) put together.  And then I sorted through the rest of the furniture pieces to make sure I have everything and that the correct pieces were in the right groups.  Some of them were so similar I could’ve easily mixed them up and not realized it until something didn’t quite fit.

chinese language manual

Last, I started going over the little LED lights and how to wire it.  I tested the lights and everything appears to work.  But by the time I deciphered most of the pages in Chinese on lighting I realized I didn’t care enough and went to bed.

So yeah, not much progress but I feel better having righted a wrong.